While most companies try to secure the network against hackers, most fail to plug the holes in software that hackers exploit when they evade network defenses. This white paper explores why application security has not kept pace with changes in the threat landscape. And why companies struggle to create secure code.
Whether you develop software in-house, buy and customize packages, use open source, or hire third-party developers, read this paper to learn:
• How breaches typically happen
• The benefits of creating secure code
• The seven steps to secure code
• How to justify establishing a software security assurance program
• How to select a software security solution